Friday, April 11, 2008

Moving forward

Well things have really been moving forward, even though not in my life, but certainly at least in the area of city development here in Jogja. Tapping this out in the corner of Sagan as I finish off my dinner, it is with some measure of interest that I realised, in 20 months some things have certainly improved around here.

Amongst other things, there is finally an authorised Apple distributor here in Jogja (so I don't have to panic if my power cable decides to go kaput), the place where I am staying has finally gotten a new generator set (which means even the rooms have electricity in the event of a power outage, a fairly common event during the rainy season), internet connection speeds have doubled since I first got connected... E's rusting busted up Kijang even got a new coat of paint, along with new windows and solar film!

The past week has not been particularly enjoyable. Made further worse when it seems to be hard to trust even myself. Where once I would not question my own instincts, I had to ask myself several times if I had lost that sharpness, that edge, which I had felt had been one of my greatest positive points... Has living out here (literally in the boonies when compared to Singapore) blunt my analytical abilities? Blurring lines which I could draw with clarity and absoluteness not that long ago.

Perhaps the answer would reveal itself to me soon.

No comments: