Sunday, October 19, 2008

A cloud above my head

Don't you sometimes feel as if there is a dark cloud hovering just above your head, ever ready to unleash a thunderstorm of epic proportions onto you. For yesterday's ride, I managed to outrun that cloud, an actual one, not the imagined one. Only to have it unleash its fury just bare meters away from home as a reminder to nature's almighty power over physical constructs like us.

What does the above have to do with anything? Well, just thought it was kind of an odd reflection of what has transpired in my otherwise monotonous life of late. Just when I thought I had outrun the dark cloud above me, I had seemingly run into another. One that seemingly has a silver lining, despite the immense odds stacked.

Well... I'm a sucker for bad odds and punishment. :P Bring it on!

No comments: