Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Where are all the ants?

Broken wings. Millions of them (Ok. Maybe I'm exaggerating. But there were certainly thousands at least) lay all over the ground when I walked to campus early this morning. But where were all the ants that "owned" those wings? It was as if yesterday's deluge had washed out just about every single colony here in the city.

Anyway, this wasn't really intended to be talking about ants and their wings. But rather, their determination to accomplish a certain task no matter how difficult. Think: moving food that is impossibly larger and heavier than themselves.

I finally decided to write. Well, not here. But write a story of sorts as prompted by a dear friend as a means of filling in spare time I have on my hands. Having never done this before the task certainly seems daunting as I pondered on a plot and outline. And yesterday while standing in the local Apple reseller's shop... I hit upon it. A story entirely written on a mobile device. Character by character. Word by word. I shall slowly flesh out the story. And the best part? No pressure to have to sit down and open up a laptop to type, or have paper and pen with me all the time.

Ok, lousy reason to add to the list of "Why I need (read: want) an iPod touch". *cackle* But at least I can find some use for it other than purely for iCal and playing music. :D

No comments: