I might have said this before, but I really am not able to remember for sure. Just where is "home" nowadays. Is it, like they say, where you hang your hat? Or is it where your loyalties are? Or is it where your heart is? Or is it...
The truth is that it is all those things, and probably even more. I've never quite considered here to be "home", though it certainly has been quite awhile... and my body has long since found the bed back in SG to be rather alien, only getting a good night's rest when I eventually get back here to Jogja. Living out of a 1 bedroom (not to mention also luggage that is never really fully unpacked) sort of grows on me.
Catching a flight used to be bring much anticipation because it would mean a holiday of some sort. Not that it isn't now, but it has become something akin to taking a bus.
I certainly look forward to the day when I catch that final flight back to a place called home, and re-plant my roots there once again. I miss it.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Home is where...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It is where your loved one is..
Post a Comment