They say that conflict is omnipresent, it pervades into our very consciousness as human beings, as we are creatures of thought. How true it is, and how lucky folks are in Singapore to not have to face conflict in the violent form, something which cannot be said the same of many other emerging countries. They ask me if there is a solution to inter-ethnic violence, honestly? I think unless our creator takes our minds and run it through a food blender, the possibility to that end looks rather bleak. Unless we meet a entire different species altogether, that becomes a common enemy. There will always be fighting.
Conflict is present too now, right here in my mind. A war of cataclysmic proportions being waged on the battleground made out of synapses. A slow war of attrition that is gradually eating me up from inside. Will one side win? Or will it consume me whole, tainting perception and outlook then on. I wish I had a hand in all this. Unfortunately, it seems that I am but a spectator as I watch events unfold.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Conflict
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment