I finally got around to catching Iron Man at the local theatre here. Pretty fine show I might add, really cool to see all the comic book heroes come to life on the big screen with a heavy dose of special effects thrown in. Not to mention when I was younger Iron Man was one of my favourite characters to use when wasting my time playing arcade games like Marvel vs X-Man etc.
Did I forget to mention that I caught the show alone? It was a real odd feeling to stroll into a cinema on my own and take a seat not knowing either of the people on my side. I could still remember the last time I did something like this, it was for Saving Private Ryan on 22 August 1998, Golden Village (Bishan Junction 8). Why the vivid memory? Because the censorship board for reasons unknown decided that the show was too violent, and thus rated it NC-16. I turned 16 on that day :)
Been 10 long years since then. And while on the way back home, I pondered a little on the ironies of my life. I guess what they say is true after all, the future can hardly even be seen. What we had taken for granted could and most likely would slip right through your fingers without you even knowing.
4 weeks to go before I make my way back to SG for the long holidays. It hasn't been all that long since the last time I was back... but it sure seemed like an eternity.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Irony Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
going to the cinema alone is one of the great pleasures of life that i miss. i wish i had more chances to do it.
Post a Comment