Monday, May 26, 2008

Just how proud are you of your country. Really.

As I take a break from a long night of writing to Uhm... write this (why am I doing this? LOL), during my search for material as well as pondering on the title and contents of 2 papers due soon, I came across much things that provoked my thoughts on how proud I am of my own country, from what I read, it certainly seems that many are discontent with the state their country is in, with some even going as far slamming it in the press and saying they are ashamed.

Now, regardless of where one hails from, should we be proud of our roots? Scars, warts, pimples and all. Perhaps we have to look deeper, both into the country and ourselves to find that answer. And perhaps, at the same time, discover some purpose and meaning to our lives instead of just scaling the corporate ladder, seeking greater economic success, satisfying and indulging in hedonistic excesses.

1 comment:

david santos said...

I loved this post and this blog.
have a nice week