Wednesday, June 25, 2008

... and so, we live again.

What is it that they say about near-death experiences? That it makes you treasure life more?

Coupled together with an event that totally freaked me out, I think... both me an CP have developed a new taste for life. Perhaps it really was not our time to go yet. We're a real bunch of lucky SOBs...

After having come back to Singapore for just these few days, going around, taking public transport, and all, it really feels like I am a foreigner in my own country. Everything seems so new... so advanced... Although we can bitch and moan about transportation costs and SBS/SMRT who keep hiking up the prices, the reality is that we really do have a world-class transportation system to be proud of. Reasonably fast, clean, and reliable.

It surely felt kind of strange when I passed the all-too-familiar Newton MRT station.. I felt as if I had been transported back in time. When a much younger me was still schooling, having exams, and single. Looking at my situation now 10 over years since then... It's like I've gone a full circle.

Anyway, I'm glad that I'm back regardless of the multitude of unfortunate events to have befallen me. It feels good to be back home.

4 comments:

CB said...

you forgot to add "fatter" :P

JC said...

Argh! Hahahah :D

kona said...

good to have you back, junior...even tho it's not for a particularly long time...

still enuff to get well and truly sloshed, makaned, un-suaku-ed, pee in the sea (i hope you and curly dun get arrested), KL'd and what not...

JC said...

Why did you divulge details of our secret operation?! Now we surely will get rumbled. LOL.