As another Saturday here in Singapore slowly ticks away I am once again hammering on the keyboard, this time in a place which can be considered new to me - The revamped Big Slash at East Coast Park, now complete with many new eateries. Just sitting on one of the park benches along the beach, soaking in the sun, having the sea breeze blow through my (rather short) hair, I felt totally relaxed and at peace with the world. The solitude was nice as I just cleared the mind and spaced out for a good 15 to 20 minutes there.
What am I doing inside an air-conditioned coffee place now instead you may ask, well... it's Singapore afterall. A brief but extremely heavy rain forced just about every outdoor activity to come to a stand-still. With everyone dashing for shelter of the food outlets, theirs cars, or the rain shelters liberally built along the main track.
Will be here in the area again tomorrow as I am planning another ride, this time with hopefully a cooperative weather so I can make it all the way to Pasir Ris before looping back home.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Soaking in the sun (and rain)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment