
TofuMobil @ Colmar Tropicale
And in the same vein that I close a chapter to my life, I bid a silent farewell to a ride that has served me well over the past 3.5 years, saving me much petrol, and my life as well. Rene Benoit, his successor, is slated to arrive some time around the 25th of this month.
With a dear friend R at my side, and K (mostly slumped in the back in a comatose state LOL), we drove off into the sunset. Ah, did I make it sound overly romantic? It wasn't supposed to be so, for we watched the fading light of day together with a couple of hundred other vehicles stuck in the perpetual jam at the Tuas checkpoint as we awaited our turn to cross over and let TofuMobil stretch its legs for one last run. And what a run it has turned out to be, up and down the NSH, in and around KL, up and down Genting Highlands. After having talked about this trip for months, it was finally a reality. And the much enjoyable weekend had flashed by before we even know it.
We had departed with overflowing anticipation. We ate and drank our hearts out. Did some touristy things. Took photos of just about everything. All in all, it was an absolutely smashing weekend.
Anyway, this isn't meant to talk about the trip in detail... for that I will leave it to the Gorilla.
I feel lost after coming back. I laugh and joke it off that "it is going to explode soon", but really, I am starting to realise it goes deeper than that. Some kind of loneliness I just can't shake, despite the great and wonderful company I am in. Is it remotely possible that I am subconsciously yearning for someone else despite knowing full well that time and space is not on my side.
As the hours quickly tick away to the impending moment where I put the pen to the paper and put the full-stop and irrevocably put my life on another course, the future looks even murkier than usual without a strong presence at my side.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
The Last Adventure of TofuMobil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment