It was fun to be a tourist yet again in what I have fast come to regard as a 2nd home, with D and P (Big thanks to both of you for the company!) stopping over here in Jogja on their cross Java-Bali trip. It certainly made a what is usually mundane weekend into a fun-filled one. The only one disappointment would be that the weather up at Kaliurang was not cooperative, and we did not get to see the top of the majestic Gunung Merapi.
A few nights ago, I almost subconsciously blurted out a phrase which I have not uttered for a long long time. Why almost? I haven't got a clue. But I somehow caught myself at the last moment before the words left my lips. Did it come out of my heart? Or did it come out of an old habit? Maybe it's because I wasn't sure that's why I caught myself. To only say them when I really mean it, rather than it just being a flippant remark.
The way things are obscured now are not unlike how the clouds had obscured the view of Merapi. It could remain clouded for a mere 15 minutes. Or stay shrouded and hidden for god knows how long more.
16 days more to go. *tik tok tik tok*
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Weekend of many events
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment