Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The right write

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - For a great length of time, I had been thinking about why I actually write. For many, it would probably not serve any meaningful purpose other than for the sheer pleasure of the writer to let thoughts flow into a written (or increasingly in today's world, typed) form, without care or worry who, if any, reads them. Personally, I had never enjoyed writing as a kid, it was an absolute bore to write narrative essays and the like, and without fail, I would pick an argumentative topic if given a choice, believing (misguidedly maybe?) that was where I could excel. As the years pass, and experiences accumulate, that perception has morphed into something a little more unreal. Retrograde aging maybe? But it seems that the powers of imagination have grown that much stronger as opposed to it supposedly being at an almost hyper surreal level during childhood. Hopefully with more regular writing, and a little help from various sources, and more importantly inspiration from the one whom I have come to call my muse, I can start churning out entries and articles that are a little more substantial than mindless musing and more entertaining for the readers here.

No comments: