Wednesday, September 16, 2009

That time of the year again

Adisucipto Airport, Yogyakarta - As we go into D-minus countdown to this year's Idul Fitri holidays, once again the transportation networks and hubs of Indonesia, much like the arteries, veins and heart of an extremely unhealthy man bordering on a fatal cardiac seizure, are once again put to severe test as the masses begin to make that, for some, once a year journey back home. For this Singaporean who is fast starting to look and speak (if not already, ha!) like a local, I made myself no exception and joined in the madness to return home for the holidays.

How time flies, it has been almost 3 months since I last saw home, and yet it only just seem like yesterday I was packing to embark on my KKN trip, but yet seem to feel like forever. The whole relativity of time never ceases to amaze me as I reflect on the happenings of (gasp!) the past year. Hey, it IS the coming of the new year right, according to the Islamic calender... But anyway yes, so I was just looking back at the events that had happened since September last year, and I can happily conclude that it has indeed been an excellent year, filled with happiness, new experiences, and perhaps, just perhaps, an entirely new outlook on life.

No comments: