Monday, August 11, 2008

Back again. Same old place.

One glass too many

And so, here I am again. Back in this tiny room which I have begun to call "home" more than any other place at the moment. Have not had the time nor energy to blog in the preceding weeks as I had packed in almost every day with some activity to occupy me as the days left in Singapore rapidly fell away.

Needless to say there were copious amounts of drinking and merry-making with friends, without whom this trip back would not have been filled with the joy, laughter and tears. Just want to take this time out to say a big THANK YOU! to all of you. All of you have reminded me of what true friends are like. ;)

Finished reading P.S. I Love You last night... Not having watched the show, I do not know if it is any good, but the book is simply fab (think heart-moving and tear-jerking). Just to share with you all a short portion I found particularly poignant:

Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an even better feeling. A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you for ever, no matter what.

I wish I could say for certain I have indeed found my true soul mate, but like love, sometimes these are one-way streets. But then again.. like all true feelings, they require no reciprocation from the other party yes? Just something to think about as the seconds in our lives tick away.

4 comments:

CB said...

Have patience and finish it off yr studies..if u need, i will intro u nice gals to hook up with you lah.

take care, really hope to see u soon in NOV'08

kona said...

we mish u already, junior...cum back soon... ;)

then we go jollyjolly eh?

unkster said...

nov? why his dates keep changing one?

JC said...

you haven't been reading faithfully. cb is coming over in Nov as part of his grand Java tour. not me going home in Nov.