Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Changes

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same. - Keane "Everybody's Changing"


Though gone for but a short six weeks from here, I was surprised by the amount of changes that had happened in that space of time. It was either some extremely fast and efficient work or I had just simply lost touch with reality in the months prior and not noticed the on-going changes, only to realise and rediscover them when I'm back.

Perhaps one of the most positive ones are the fact that there are new street lamps city-wide, those orange tungsten lamps similar to the ones we have on our roads back home in sg. And also, almost all the roads have been resurfaced. It's almost as though the city here was preparing for an F1 race too! Anyway, with the road improvements, it solved my dilemma on the type of bicycle to get. Awaiting anxiously for it to arrive from Solo's Rodalink since it was the closest branch that held stock. Not the best frame nor groupset in the market... but it'll do for an amateur like me. Can't wait to start riding again. 2 weeks break from the saddle seems too long.

Anyway, back to the topic of changes. Had some time again to self-reflect on some of the on-goings in my life... I realised I had changed (or perhaps had not changed, and everyone else is), but whatever it is, some readjustment and recalibration seems to be in order. Would I have the courage to say the same words that had come so easily to me years ago? Some people obviously had no problem with that. So what is this barrier that I am facing now. I hope in time I would find an answer.

No comments: