Friday, August 22, 2008

On the 2nd leg

And so I have concluded a quarter century of existence and begun on the journey towards the "magical" half-century. Would I even see it? Now that is something worth pondering considering the fact that humans in general seem to be preoccupied with (not) dying or some other doomsday prophecy.

Despite having been here in Jogja for 2 years, this is the first time I am setting foot into Ceasar's Palace, one of the supposedly happening clubs here, though the club proper isn't exactly open yet, it functions as a restaurant and pool hall.

If nothing else, the food here is pretty decent in both quality and price. The internet connection is also surprisingly fast. But my only gripe is the alcohol selection... the menu has a long list of imported wines... from which I picked a Riesling, only to be told that they only had house-pour available. Sigh.

A big thanks to everyone who sent me their well-wishes ;) It's nice to receive them even though I'm just about a billion miles from home. And the news that my bicycle arrived today provided the icing for an otherwise mundane day. This means I am free to go riding this entire weekend and exploring other routes in this home away from home. :D

1 comment:

kona said...

not a billion miles away...can still swim back ;)

hahaha :P